Holy morning craziness, Batman. Over the past several weeks, I’ve gotten into work completely frazzled. People would ask how I was doing, and I simply answered, “Stressed”. This was not normal stress, it was extra crazy stress. After thinking about it, I realized that herding my cat children in the mornings – having to repeat myself over and over, and be right next to them – was utterly draining, to be honest.
There has to be a better way!!! So I thought I’d experiment with creating a checklist for us in the mornings and evenings. I can’t even tell you how life changing checklists have become!
I’ve honestly gotten my mornings back, and instead of my kids waiting for me to tell them what to do next – they can look on their checklists and know what to do next.
Why bother with a checklist:
- Empowers kids to understand what to do next
- Let’s kids have input into their routine
- Easy to use for kids
- Consistency helps build routines that they can remember
- Gives you back your time and energy
- Upfront work once = benefits everyday
- Involve them in the brainstorming process – so they can feel vested in the checklist
- Create one checklist for everyday if your days are different. It’s more work, but so worth it in the long run!
Need More Help: I have an Etsy listing with 29 hand drawn icons you can have, along with 5 done for you templates and videos on how to create your own templates from scratch!